Returning to civilian life after the war, business was set up in Edmonton, North London. The business soon became H.W.Page & Son with Ronald Page, Henry's son entering the business as a watchmaker.
As with all Page horologists, Ronald started young at the age of 9 in 1929 working by gas light! Ronalds sister, Yvonne, also worked in the business repairing customers clocks which had been brought into the workshop. This continued right up until the Second World War, with Ronald joining the R.A.F. in 1940 his watchmaking skills being put to use on the service and repair of aircraft instruments and bomb sights.
During 1940 H.W.Page relocated to Ibstock, Leicestershire. The Edmonton shop and home being very badly damaged in the blitz. Local Ibstock people may remember the original shop located at the corner of Chapel St/High St opposite Mea’s bakery.
It was here that Ron’s son, Keith, as a boy would learn about horology and eventually work along side his Grandfather and Father on both clocks and watches.
H.W.Page died in 1960 and the business moved shortly afterwards to 91–93 High St, the current premises. Keith’s brother Richard began to learn the trade at the age of 10 in 1970 taking an interest in the repair of older clocks, becoming a full time horologist in 1976.
Today the business continues as Richard Page. Richard is pleased to offer customers from near and far, horological services and expertise.